The Madrid System for the International Registration of Marks provides a one-stop solution for registering and managing marks worldwide, allowing the trademark owner to file one application in one language, and to pay one set of fees to protect mark in up to 120 countries.
- Convenient - File a single application in one language, and pay one set of fees to apply for trademark protection in multiple territories; manage your brand portfolio through a centralized system, and easily expand protection into new markets.
- Global -Register and manage your trademark in the territories of the Madrid System, representing over 80% of world trade.
- Cost-effective -Save time and money by filing one application, rather than a bundle of national applications; no need to pay for translations or hire a representative in each country.
You can file an international application with IPOPHL if:
- you are a national of the Philippines
- you are domiciled in the Philippines
- you have a real and effective industrial or commercial establishment in the Philippines
2. BASIC MARK
You should have a duly maintained local trademark registration or an active local trademark application with IPOPHL.
The trademark registration granted through the Madrid Protocol is valid for 10 years from the date of registration. You can renew the registration at the end of each 10-year period directly with WIPO with effect in the designated Contracting Parties concerned.
Visit Manage Your International TM Registration for more information.
For more information, please call (02) 238-6300 local 4701, 4704