The Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Office (IEO) implements administrative enforcement function of the Intellectual Property Office pursuant to the mandate under Section 7, (c) and (d) Republic Act No. 8293, as amended, also known as the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines which is to:
- Undertake enforcement functions supported by concerned agencies such as the Philippine National Police, the National Bureau of Investigation, the Bureau of Customs, the Optical Media Board, and the local government units, among others; and
- To conduct visits during reasonable hours to establishments and businesses engaging in activities violating intellectual property rights based on report, information or complaint received by the office;
The administrative enforcement action of IPOPHL can be initiated by a report or through the filing of a verified complaint.
Report an IP violation through the following:
- via Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/IPOPHLIEO
- via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- via text to 09950220522 (Globe)
To report an IP violation thru SMS, just send the following details to 09950220522 (Globe):
Complaint: (any IP violations such as counterfeiting and piracy that you wish to report)
For online IP violation, type in the URL, or name of the shop online, or any online reference of the shop or live seller.
For IP violation in a physical store, type in the name and exact address of the shop
* Information of individuals reporting or responding to the alleged IP violations will be kept confidential and will only be used to verify the details of the complaint.
* No calls. Those who will call be rejected and will be asked to text instead.
* Reporting can be done anytime of the day or any day of the week but responses and other clarification will be only from Monday-Friday (8AM-5PM)
- To receive and docket complaints or reports relating to IPR violations from right holders or authorized representatives, other government agencies, and the public in general;
- To evaluate the complaint or report and take appropriate action thereon to ensure enforcement of IPR;
- To coordinate with the right holders, industry associations and/or relevant government agencies in the conduct of its enforcement functions;
- To formulate policies and programs to ensure enforcement of IPR, and to prepare an annual report on the accomplishments, progress, and challenges of IPR enforcement in the country;
- To keep all records of enforcement such as, but not limited to, complaints, reports, minutes of enforcement meetings, post-operation reports, and other similar or related documents.
- To provide assistance in the enforcement of orders, writs, and processes issued by Bureau of Legal Affairs and the Office of the Director General
- Issuance of notice/warning to the respondent/s to observe compliance with the provisions of the Intellectual Property Code, as amended;
- Issuance of visitorial order on the subject premises;
- Issuance of compliance order against the respondent/s; or
- Immediate filing of administrative complaint before the DTI, the local government unit
concerned,or other government agencies;
- Referral of the case to a law enforcement agency for case build-up;
- Recommendation of application for search warrant;
- Dismissal of the complaint;
- Referral of the case to other government agencies for filing of charges for violation of
other laws, rules or regulations; or
- Such other actions necessary to ensure compliance with the IP Code.
IEO REPORTS (2020)
IEO REPORTS (2013 - 2019)
REPORT AN IP VIOLATION
Contact us if you have reason to believe your intellectual property right is being infringed.
email@example.com | (+632) 7238 6300 loc. 1103