Patent Cooperation Treaty Filing Assistance Program
Recognizing the role of the patent system as a driver to further research and innovation, IPOPHL hopes to encourage more Filipino inventors to seek international protection of their inventions, considering the fee waiver program and the office’s upgrading of competence and expertise.
What are the Benefits?
- Waived IPOPHL Search Fee amounting to USD 400 for small entities and USD 1,000 for big entities;
- Waived IPOPHL Preliminary Examination Fee amounting to USD 200 for small entities and USD 500 for big entities;
- Information and technical consultation regarding the PCT system and process.
Who is Eligible?
- Individual Filipino inventor/applicant
- Higher Educational Institutions which are members of the Innovation and Technology Support Offices (ITSO) network
- Foreign inventor/applicant from States included in the WIPO List of Eligible Nationals or Residents for 90% Reduction in Certain PCT Fees which designated IPOPHL as a competent International Searching and Preliminary Examining Authority (ISA/IPEA) and where IPOPHL is the Office of First Filing from January -December 2020
This program is extended until December 31, 2021. (see Memorandum Circular No. 2021-003)
- IPOPHL MC No. 2021-003 Extension of PCT Filing Assistance Program Under MC 2019-004 until 31 December 2021
- IPOPHL MC No. 2020-015 – Extension of the Patent Cooperation Treaty Filing Assistance Program under MC No. 2019-004 until December 31, 2020
- IPOPHL MC No. 2019-004 – Patent Cooperation Treaty Filing Assistance Program