APPLICATION FOR EXEMPTION
A sworn application for exemption from any of the Prohibited Clauses and/or Mandatory Provisions of the IP Code may be filed with the Director stating the exemption/s being requested, the justification for the exemption/s, and that the agreement is not subject of any judicial, administrative or other proceeding.
Submit the following:
- Request letter addressed to DITTB Director Atty. Mary Grace Cruz-Yap, stating the specific provision/s for exemption
- 2 copies of notarized and original agreement
- Notarized application form
- 1 certified true copy of justification under oath
- List of all trademark or patent covered by agreement
Pay the corresponding fee at the cashier, ground floor.
- Filing fee: Php3,030
- Exemption fee: P707 per claim being exempted
Note: Filing Fees are inclusive of 1% Legal Research Fund (LRF). Other charges may apply depending on the progress of your application. For full set of fees, refer to: Schedule of Fees
Submit the stamped statement of account (SOA) to the DITTB at the 2nd floor.