IP Academy Consultant (Research and Publication)
Status: Contract of Service
Gross Compensation: ₱50,000.00 / per month
Engagement Duration: Six (6) Months (with a possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 7 February 2020
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Nature and Scope of Work/Services:
- Initiate advanced studies/research, surveys and policy papers with the support of IPOPHL’s Bureaus, and in partnership with other Philippine government agencies, private groups, or the academe, relating to IP and IP-related matters.
- Assist the IP Academy in the preparation, implementation and publication of the Journal of Intellectual Property and Innovation and other publication materials related to Intellectual Property.
- Conduct and implement IP Academy activities, programs and competitions related to research/studies on IP and IP-related matters.
- Provide technical support in the preparation of project documents, programs, briefing papers, work plans and other related documents.
- Follow-up and coordinate with other international institutions/organizations, other government agencies, private organizations and associations, and educational/research institutions in the establishment of the IP Academy.
- Provide organizational and logistical support for the meetings with agencies, private sector, civil society organizations, academic institutions and other stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly reports/plans and progress updates as required by the Head.
- Prepare financial reports for the projects and activities as required by the Head.
- Perform such other functions related to the overall functions of the IP Academy as may be assigned by the Head.
- University degree in computer science, information science, business, law, research, economics, science, engineering or related disciplines.
- At least six (6) years of working experience; four (4) years of experience in an applied research or data management environment.
- Knowledgeable in various research and testing methodologies; able to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite), including the use of relational databases.
- Experience using statistical analysis software; strong math and statistical skills
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining; adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.).
- Familiarity with the government and its organizational structure at both international and domestic levels.
- Multi-skilled and well-organized and can manage several activities in parallel.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written with technical writing skills; research, develop, present, and promote projects; work independently; prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in project management principles.
Send your updated CV with the email subject “IP Academy Senior Consultant – Research and Publication” to email@example.com. For further questions and information, contact us at +632-7238 6300 loc. 1007 or at firstname.lastname@example.org