Innovation Bureau (DITTB)
Vacancies (under Contract of Service)
Patent Data Researchers/Analysts (Technical Staff)
Status: Contract of Service
Gross Compensation: ₱31,000.00 / per month
Engagement Duration: Six (6) Months (with a possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Nature and Scope of Work/Services
The services required are, highly technical (patent mapping and analytics is a highly specialized technical field) and confidential. The Patent Data Researcher/Analyst shall:
- Provide technical assistance on patent search, analytics and documentation services of the Division
- Conduct various types of patent search:
- Prior art search
- Freedom to operate/commercialize search
- State of the art search
- Name search
- Patent mapping and analytics
- Competitor search
- Update patent classifications and categories:
- Review, reclassify and update the classification of patent documents
- Classify and organize patent documents according to technical field/industry
- Perform inventory checks on patent data involving granted inventions, patent applications and registered UMs and IDs
- Perform quality control/integrity checking/proofreading of patent data
- Encode/scan patent documents
- Develop profiles of inventors and their inventions
- Analyze and process patent information
- Prepare comprehensive reports on Patent Search and Patent Analytics
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
- Technical/Engineering/Science graduate, preferably in the following fields:
- Chemical or Chemistry
- Electrical/Electronics & Communications
- Computer/Information Technology
- Preferably with MS Degree or units
- With work experience in conducting research using various technical databases, data analysis and development, and/or related work.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Flexible, service-oriented, good team-player, good interpersonal relationship, physically fit.
- Working knowledge, exposure, and/or experience on IP and other related projects shall be an advantage.
- RA 1080 eligible or Civil Service (CS-Professional) eligible for non-PRC Licensure Examination courses.
To apply, please send the following in PDF file:
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Application letter with photo
- Copy of eligibility/rating/license
- Copy of Transcript of Records
with the email subject “Innovation Bureau – IPSDD" applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions and information, contact us at +632-7238 6300 loc. 5501 to 5503 and look for Ms. Joyce.