(Documentation Information and Technology Transfer Bureau)
Intellectual Property Rights Specialist V
Basic Salary: Php 105,538.00 (SG21 - SSL Exempt)
IP Search and Documentation Division
Innovation Bureau (Documentation Information and Technology Transfer Bureau)
Education: Master’s degree or Certificate in Leadership and Management from the CSC/Bachelor of Laws
Experience: 4 years of supervisory/management experience
Training: 40 hours of supervisory/management training and development intervention
Eligibility: CS Professional/ R.A. 1080 for positions which require the practice of the profession
Competencies: Teamwork; Communication; Empowerment and Motivation; Effective utilization of resources, more importantly of human resources; Balance of continuity and flexibility in a changing environment.
Closing Date: 19 February 2020
Description of Duties
The position requires the candidate to be an Intellectual Property Rights Specialist (IPRS). A candidate holding said title would have a great advantage. Nevertheless, holding said title prior to joining the organization is not required. A combination of qualification in terms of educational attainment and high academic performance coupled with the requisite experiences to be considered a specialist in the field of IPR must be demonstrated.
As an IPRS V, the candidate is expected to discharge the functions of a Senior in Middle Management, a Division Chief to be precise, with direct reporting to the Bureau Director.
In particular, the assigned duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning and development of a comprehensive program for the division;
- Program implementation and monitoring;
- Provision of support for the search and documentation activities of the Office by international classification for patents, utility models, industrial designs, and a national system for indigenous technologies;
- Setting up of guidelines in the conduct of proper search procedures;
- Maintenance of retrieval systems for manual and electronic documentation search menus and indices;
- Directing the conduct of state of the art searches;
- Recommending measures and standards to improve search and documentation;
- Advising, recommending, assisting, and supporting the IB Director in the development of policies relating to documentation and search activities;
- Dissemination of information on systems of patent documentation and search patterns;
- Promoting cooperation and collaboration with the other Divisions within the Bureau and with the other Bureaus within the agency;
- Preparation and submission of Periodic Reports, as may be required;
- Supervising and guiding the staff in the Division in performing their administrative and managerial duties;
- Ensuring that the staff is given adequate training, that they understand their responsibilities and that they are able to perform complete staff work;
- Evaluating staff performance;
- Supporting the professional and personal development of the staff in the Division by way of coaching and mentoring;
- Preparing and implementing a succession plan within the Division and consciously training his/her potential successors;
- Serving as the focal point in the Division, assuming a coordinating and certifying role, working closely together with the Bureau’s Budget Officer, the Finance Management and Administrative Services (FMAS) bureau, particularly the General Administrative Services Division (GASD) and the Human Resource and Development Division (HRDD), as well as with the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) as it relates to the procurement process for the needs of the Division, and the Advocacy Communications (AdvoComm) unit for promotion of search services, training services, and events;
- Representing the Division/Bureau in local and international meetings and other fora relating to search, documentation, examination, and other IP related matters, as may be assigned;
- Promoting a culture of consistent compliance with rules and regulations as well as ethical behavior, best suited to instill trust by key stakeholders such as members of the academe, other government agencies, industries, the private sector, and the public at large;
- Creating an environment in the Division that promotes and supports the implementation of the best management practices;
- Leading the effective and efficient implementation of IB’s internal control framework in the Division and reporting any major discrepancies to the Office of the Director (OD);
- Providing guidance and advice to the OD on managerial issues, organizational development and design, general administration and projects relevant to the mandate of the Division;
- Supervise staff reporting.
- Perform all other related duties and tasks as the Director or other superiors may assign.
- Strong skills and knowledge in general management and administration, budget, planning, and, government procurement;
- Heightened critical thinking and analytical skills, possessing the ability to analyze data and processes and recommend appropriate actions and to prepare managerial and financial reports;
- Sound judgment and ability to detect areas for improvement and matters requiring intervention, and to recommend remedial actions in line with the agency’s rules and regulations;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to harmoniously work with peers even under pressure;
- Effective communication (written and oral);
- Ability to convert technical information into common language understandable by lay persons and the general public;
- Ability to communicate patent information to stakeholders and intended target audience;
- Working knowledge of the IP Code, the IPOPHL administrative rules, regulations and policies, including trends in IP management;
- Demonstrable skills in marketing of products and services;
- Strong skills in standard office applications and excel.
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Fluency in any of the Philippine dialects or regional languages is a plus.
Closing Date: February 19, 2020
Interested applicants must submit the following in PDF Format to email@example.com:
- Application letter (indicating the position applying for)
- Updated Resume
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent photo and work experience sheet (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) which can be downloaded at www.csc.gov.ph;
- Performance rating in the present position for one (1) year (for government employees only);
- Photocopy of the authenticated certificate of eligibility/rating/license ; and
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
These requirements do not apply to vacancies under contract of service.