(Documentation Information and Technology Transfer Bureau)
Intellectual Property Rights Specialist III
Basic Salary: Php 60,425.00 (SG16)
Technology Transfer Division
Innovation Bureau (Documentation Information and Technology Transfer Bureau)
Education: Bachelor’s degree relevant to the job
Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience
Training: 8 hours of relevant training
Eligibility: CS Professional/ R.A. 1080 for positions which require the practice of the profession
Competencies: Teamwork; Communication; Technology Savvy.
Closing Date: 19 February 2020
Description of Duties
The position requires the candidate to be an Intellectual Property Rights Specialist (IPRS). A candidate holding said title would have an advantage. Nevertheless, holding said title prior to joining the organization is not required. A combination of qualification in terms of educational attainment and high academic performance coupled with the requisite experiences to be considered a specialist in the field of IPR must be demonstrated.
As a Level III IPRS, the candidate is expected to discharge the functions assigned to a rank and file employee in the prescribed level and category reporting to the Division Chief of the TTD, and/or under special designation with direct reporting to the Bureau Director.
In particular, the assigned duties and responsibilities include:
- Program/Project proposal, planning, development, implementation, and monitoring;
- Supervising, managing, and guiding team members in performing their duties under an approved program/project where the IPRS III is the Project Manager of record;
- Coordinating the various program of activities of the Division dealing with the study, planning implementation and evaluation for the promotion, organization and development of industries through technology transfer;
- Conducts researches/studies in the formulation of policies and standards, rules and regulations, objectives and priorities, and likely directions in the promotion, organization, and development of industries through technology transfer;
- Recommending measures and standards to his/her immediate superior;
- Advising, recommending, assisting, and supporting the TTD Division Chief and the IB Director on matters within his/her technical expertise;
- Provides technical, advisory, and other services relating to the licensing and promotion of technology;
- Assists in the packaging and marketing of patent information as well as in the promotion of TTD services and training to its stakeholders;
- Conducts industry studies and sectoral programs of selected industries related to technology transfer as required by superiors;
- Disseminates information and promotes technology transfer to businesses;
- Assists local entrepreneurs formulate their technology transfer contracts;
- Assists in identifying appropriate technology for local SMEs;
- Evaluates and registers technology transfer arrangements;
- Preparation and submission of Periodic Reports, as may be required;
- Provides data on technology transfer as needed and within permissible limits;
- Provision of support for projects of other members of the Technology Transfer Division and the other Divisions within the Bureau;
- Representing the Division/Bureau in local and international meetings and other fora relating to technology transfer and other IP related matters, as may be assigned;
- Performs such other functions as the Division Chief, the Bureau Director, or other superiors may assign.
- Strong skills in project conceptualization, development, implementation, and monitoring;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the government procurement system;
- Heightened critical thinking and analytical skills, possessing the ability to analyze data and processes and recommend appropriate actions and to prepare reports;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to harmoniously work with peers even under pressure;
- Effective communication (written and oral);
- Working knowledge of the IP Code, the IPOPHL administrative rules, regulations and policies, including trends in IP asset management;
- Demonstrable skills in marketing and promotion of products and services;
- Strong skills in standard office applications, excel, and presentation programs/software.
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Ability to convert technical information into common language understandable by lay persons and the general public.
Closing Date: February 19, 2020
Interested applicants must submit the following in PDF Format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application letter (indicating the position applying for)
- Updated Resume
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent photo and work experience sheet (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017) which can be downloaded at www.csc.gov.ph;
- Performance rating in the present position for one (1) year (for government employees only);
- Photocopy of the authenticated certificate of eligibility/rating/license ; and
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records.
INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
These requirements do not apply to vacancies under contract of service.