PH to Pilot Inventor Assistance Program
The Philippines was selected by the World Economic Forum (WEF) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) to be one of the pilot countries for the implementation of the Inventors Assistance Program (IAP). Through the Program, eligible inventors and businesses seeking patents for their inventions will receive pro bono advice from IP lawyers for their IP filings in the Philippines or abroad.
Aside from the Philippines, Colombia and Morocco were also selected by WEF and WIPO as pilot countries for the Program.
The IAP will be launched in the country on March 2016 in a joint activity among WEF, WIPO and the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL). Concomitant with the launch, WIPO will select a limited number of Innovation and Technology and Support Offices (ITSO) to be part of WIPO’s IP Hub Program. Related workshops will also be held during the week:
- February 29: National Workshop on Increasing the Capacity and Pace for Technology Scouting, Absorption and Adaptation through a "Hub and Spoke Structure"
- March 1: National Seminar on Patents and Innovation
- March 1: Launch of the Inventors Assistance Program
- March 2: Workshop on Patent Database Search Exercises
- March 3-4: Regional Workshop on IP Management around WIPO Green and WIPO ReSEARCH