- Category: News
Intricate filigree represents Philippines in ASEAN Jewellery Competition
The EU-ASEAN Project on the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights (ECAP III) in partnership with the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) officially announced the finalists of the 2015 Creative ASEAN Jewellery Competition.
The Regional Jury for the selection of the regional winners consisted of the following:
- Chairperson: Dr. Viviana Narotzky, President of ADI-FAD
- Mr. Andar Bagus Sriwarno, Head of Master in Design Program Faculty of Visual Art and Design, Institute Technology of Bandung
- Mr. Slow Der Ming, President of the Federation of Jewellers and Goldsmiths Associations Malaysia
- Ms. Maria Luisa Lourdes Unson, President, Sterling Gifts Inc./Philippine Jewellery Business Club Foundation, Inc.
- Mr. Samai Tocharoen, Director Public Relations, Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association
- Category: News
PH-KR re-affirms partnership on Copyright Protection through forum
The Philippines and Korea –two countries with strong copyright sectors and abound in talents— has been joining forces since 2011 in promulgating copyright awareness and protection in both countries. During this period five fora has been organized by the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) and the Korea Copyright Commission (KCC) with the Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism (MCST). This year’s leg highlighted Fair Use of copyrightable works.
Left: Atty. Allan Gepty, OIC of IPOPHL welcomes participants to the Forum. Right: H.E. Jae Shin-Kim, Ambassador of Korea in the Philippines delivers his congratulatory address.